Michigan Legislative & Statutory Materials
This collection contains documents created through the legislative process, as well as related resources produced by numerous offices and divisions within the Michigan Legislature that help to interpret or to provide insight into the laws and law-making processes of Michigan. The files are largely copies of materials held in the State Law Library and Michigan Documents collections, or that are available through links to other digitized library collections.
Examples of the types of materials found in this collection:
- Legislative bills, resolutions, acts, summaries and analyses
- Excerpts of Michigan House and Senate Journals
- Public acts (session laws) and codified statutes
- Procedural manuals, handbooks, and analyses
- Finding aids and resources to assist with legislative history and statutory research